Civil Engineering has been started since 2009. Today, civil engineering is a very broad field, compared to other engineering disciplines. Civil Engineers meet the challenges of the new information age.A civil engineer has to conceive, plan, estimate, get approval, create and maintain all civil engineering activities. Civil engineers also help to preserve our environment by assisting in the cleaning up of existing pollution and planning ways to reduce future pollution of our air, land and water.Increasingly, civil engineers are also involved in exciting new areas such as space structures, robotics, risk management, infrastructure, and biomedical engineering.
A wide range of choices for Civil Engineering graduates.
- Research and teaching.
- Civil Engineering Consultants in Structural, Environmental, Geo-Technical Engineering etc
- Government & Semi-Government Departments.
- Oil, Gas & Mining
- Software Developers
Graduates of civil engineering can work all over the world, either as consultants with their own companies or as employees of large international companies, or as volunteers in developing countries. The department has an annual intake of 63 students.
The department aims at providing the best guidance, facilities and opportunities to develop the outlook, personality and technical skills of the students to cater the needs of the society and be the makers of the world. Our students are the future ambassadors around the world.
To create technically excellent Civil Engineers with social commitment
- Develop the department as a centre of excellence in the field of Civil Engineering by nurturing and maintaining the best faculty
- Provide advanced skills and knowledge in state-of-the art research and designs in sub areas of Civil Engineering for students
- Promote innovative and original thinking among graduates
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To excel in Civil Engineering profession by utilizing the strong foundation in analytical thinking and practical skills acquired.
- To pursue higher levels of employment in all major sectors and direct students for PG and Research programmers in advanced areas of civil engineering projects, research, entrepreneurial skills and leadership.
- To inculcate graduates with efficient communication skills and decision making
- To imbibe in graduates professional ethics and fulfill social commitment by involving in sustainable development of society
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and Electrical and Electronics engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis : Identify, formulate review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environmental and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation, and give and receive clear instruction
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and undertaking of engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multi-disciplinary environments
- Life-long learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- The graduates of this programme with proficiency in Civil Engineering problem identification, formulation, planning, prepare cost estimates, analysis, design, and execute all kinds of Civil Engineering projects with optimizing the cost, time, quality and safety using appropriate tools.
- Ability to design and implement Electronic systems and innovative projects using modern engineering and IT tools to meet industrial standards and thus adapt technological changes,individually and as a team.
The Laboratories available in the Civil engineering Department are:
- CAD Lab
- Computer Applications
- Construction and Structural engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Survey Lab
- Transportation Engineering
- Basic Civil Engineering Workshop
The activities shall be periodic site visits, seminars and workshops related to the recent developments of Civil Engineering. The association aims at grooming the student to have a gradual transformation from a student to an employee/employer by narrowing the gap between the text books and working atmosphere.
|Yaer||Female||Male||Grand Total||For more details|
|2018-19 (First Year)||27||21||48||Click here.......|
|2017-18 (Second Year)||42||16||58||Click here.......|
|2016-17 (Third Year)||34||30||64||Click here.......|
|2015-16 (Forth Year)||32||30||62||Click here.......|